137 - Adult Beverage Head Clerk
137 - Adult Beverage Head Clerk
Department: KS Grocery
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Grocery Merchandiser
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: 8
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for various tasks as they relate to buying, selling, and marketing of wine and spirits as well as other grocery categories. Duties include communicating, verbally and written, with store management and vendors. Additional duties as they are assigned. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the execution of strategic category direction, including weekly sales plans, ad plans, display plans, demos, rollers, loyalty events, special programs.
- Maintain positive trade relations and develop strategic alliances with local vendors.
- Review categories using Corporate Reviewer, Market Reviewer, syndicated data and other data sources.
- Access all necessary financial information to assist Merchandising Teams in achieving sales and margins. Provide the Corporate Category Manager with needed analysis for strategic directions.
- Meet with DSD vendors regarding all new item introductions, pricing promotions, innovation, opportunities to insure relevance with the customer base. Work with the liquor store manager to make sure that both the merchandising and operations teams are working together to achieve the best overall results.
- Do weekly competitive ad reviews as well as price checks of major competitors so that we are priced right every day to drive the greatest amount of business and the greatest amount of value to our customers.
- Visit the liquor store weekly to make sure that all plans are being executed and that direction is clear from a merchandising and an operations standpoint.
- Work with store teams to promote sales, increase gross margin, improve market share and execute company-specific programs.
- Provide upward feedback to Corporate, Procurement and Manufacturing teams to achieve purchasing efficiencies.
- Manage and communicate division-specific category and plan-o-gram updates to store teams.
- Oversee the monitoring of the daily/weekly reports to identify any product cost or transportation charge corrections.
- Ensure all store associates and district team members have a complete understanding of all aspects and functions of the Grocery department and its alignment with the Customer 1st Business Strategy.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Assistant Store management or District Coordinator experience
- Systems and software knowledge
- Comparable position/experience
- Ability to travel independently
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Experience with planograms and department layouts preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click .
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Clerical, Merchandising, Category Manager, Administrative, Retail