Beer-Wine-Liquor Clerk $13.00 to $19.91
Beer-Wine-Liquor Clerk $13.00 to $19.91
Company Name: King Soopers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Assist with execution of the adult beverage category display plans and special in-store promotions in consultation with the store management.
- Maintain familiarity with adult beverage product names, pronunciation, origin and definition of industry terms.
- Inform customers of Beer/Wine/Spirits specials.
- Recommend beer/wine/spirits items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Beer/Wine/Liquor experience
- Knowledge of imported and domestic varieties, the flavor profiles and how they are made.
- Knowledge of industry trends in specialty wines and beers as they relate to the customer.
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at King Soopers: At King Soopers, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at King Soopers. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Castle Rock || 5544 Promenade Parkway || 80108 || King Soopers || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Clerical, QA, Quality Assurance, Administrative, Part Time, Quality, Technology