Certified Pharmacy Technician
Certified Pharmacy Technician
Company Name: King Soopers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide exceptional customer service in a safe and clean environment to ensure the customer's return visit. We accomplish this in many ways including, but not limited to; treating our customers/employees in a fair and ethical manner, promoting an inclusive work environment, being a responsible member of the community, providing the right products at the right time with fair and accurate pricing. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Communicate verbally with customers and store personnel
- Receive prescriptions from customers, assure validity
- Dispense filled prescriptions accurately to customers
- Input information into computer for processing
- Contact doctors' offices to request refill authorization
- Input prescription and customer information into the computer system accurately.
- Bag filled prescriptions
- Order drugs and prescription supplies, verify orders and stock to correct locations
- Facilitate charge purchases for customers
- Practice safe drug handling procedures within the legal guidelines and regulations
- Maintain accurate records for pharmacy
- Clean and maintain sanitation and appearance in pharmacy
- Rotate product, monitor code dates, and remove out of code product.
- Count, pour and retrieve legend drugs for prescription filling
- Prepare prescriptions for mailing
- Return prescription drugs to stock at appropriate intervals
- Process and bill third party insurance companies; Contact insurance companies on behalf of customers when necessary.
- Complete required forms and reports properly
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school education or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Proficient keyboard skills
- Effective communication skills and phone etiquette
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Possess and maintain national pharmacy technician certification
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Previous comparable experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License; Pharmacy Technician Certification
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at King Soopers: The final rate of pay is determined at store level based on prior equivalent work experience.
To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of some of the benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan and/or participation in a Taft-Hartley pension fund, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Potentially bonus eligible depending on varying criteria by location
- Associate discounts
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
We want the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where you’ll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Fort Collins || 2602 S Timberline Rd || 80525 || King Soopers || [[mfield2]] || Pharmacy; Customer Service || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || Pharmacy Board License; Pharmacy Technician Certification
Nearest Major Market: Fort Collins
Nearest Secondary Market: Loveland
Job Segment: Pharmacy, Technician, Equity, Pharmacy Tech, Healthcare, Technology, Finance, Part Time