Deli Department Manager D12 CM405
Deli Department Manager D12 CM405
Department: KS Deli/Bakery
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish & maintain a safe & clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales & profit goals established for the department, & monitor & control all established quality assurance st&ards. Direct, support & supervise all functions, duties & activities for the Deli department. Role model & demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion & safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust & respect among associates while communicating company, department, & job specific information.
- Collaborate with associates to promote teamwork & encourage accomplishment of goals/st&ards.
- Establish performance goals for department & empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train & develop associates on performance of their job & participate in the performance appraisal process
- Adhere to all local, state & federal laws, & company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important & appreciated. Inform customers of deli specials & recommend deli items to them to ensure they get the products they want & need.
- Gain & maintain knowledge of products sold within the department.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered & the correct portion size to prevent shrink; Slice deli meats & cheeses using proper deli equipment.
- Use all equipment in deli such as the fryer, rotisserie, heat lamps, & ovens according to company guidelines.
- Partner with store management to develop & implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Prepare & submit seasonal critiques for the sales & merch&ising supervisor.
- Implement the period promotional plan for the department.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal & special ads.
- Monitor & control expenses for the department.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit & loss reviews, & take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Schedule daily, weekly & monthly price changes by updating shelf tags & promotional signs.
- Plan, organize & supervise the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations & guidelines: Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs & follow cooking instructions; Ensure proper temperatures in cases & coolers are maintained & recorded.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures & identify & notify store management of unsafe conditions.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment & notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, & illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to h&le stressful situations
- Current food h&lers permit, once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Retail experience
- Deli experience
- Second language: speaking, reading &/or writing
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click .
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Nearest Major Market: Colorado
Job Segment: Food Safety, Manager, QA, Quality Assurance, Quality, Management, Technology