Deli Department Manager D12 CM437 ($22.64)
Deli Department Manager D12 CM437 ($22.64)
Department: KS Deli/Bakery
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish & maintain a safe & clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales & profit goals established for the department, & monitor & control all established quality assurance st&ards. Direct, support & supervise all functions, duties & activities for the Deli department. Role model & demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion & safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust & respect among associates while communicating company, department, & job specific information.
- Collaborate with associates to promote teamwork & encourage accomplishment of goals/st&ards.
- Establish performance goals for department & empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train & develop associates on performance of their job & participate in the performance appraisal process
- Adhere to all local, state & federal laws, & company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important & appreciated. Inform customers of deli specials & recommend deli items to them to ensure they get the products they want & need.
- Gain & maintain knowledge of products sold within the department.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered & the correct portion size to prevent shrink; Slice deli meats & cheeses using proper deli equipment.
- Use all equipment in deli such as the fryer, rotisserie, heat lamps, & ovens according to company guidelines.
- Partner with store management to develop & implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Prepare & submit seasonal critiques for the sales & merch&ising supervisor.
- Implement the period promotional plan for the department.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal & special ads.
- Monitor & control expenses for the department.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit & loss reviews, & take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Schedule daily, weekly & monthly price changes by updating shelf tags & promotional signs.
- Plan, organize & supervise the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations & guidelines: Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs & follow cooking instructions; Ensure proper temperatures in cases & coolers are maintained & recorded.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures & identify & notify store management of unsafe conditions.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment & notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, & illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to h&le stressful situations
- Current food h&lers permit, once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Retail experience
- Deli experience
- Second language: speaking, reading &/or writing
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at City Market: The final rate of pay is determined at store level based on prior equivalent work experience.
To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan and/or participation in a Taft-Hartley pension fund, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Eligible for annual bonus
- Associate discounts
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
We want the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where you’ll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Buena Vista || 438 S Hwy 24 || 81211 || City Market || None || Deli/Bakery || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Colorado Springs
Job Segment: Equity, Food Safety, Manager, Counseling, QA, Finance, Quality, Management, Healthcare