Drug-GM Department Head D2 KS136 ($21.91/hr)
Drug-GM Department Head D2 KS136 ($21.91/hr)
Department: KS Drug/GM
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish & maintain a safe & clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales & profit goals established for the department, & monitor & control all established quality assurance st&ards. Direct, support & supervise all functions, duties & activities for the Drug GM department. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy & encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Role model & demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion & safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate company, department, & job specific information to associates.
- Establish performance goals & empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train & develop associates on their job & participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state & federal laws, & company guidelines.
- Create an environment that allows customers to feel welcome, important & appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department & throughout the store.
- Gain & maintain knowledge of products sold within the department & be able to respond to questions & make suggestions about products.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products.
- Inform customers of Drug GM specials.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Develop & implement a department business plan to achieve desired results by collaborating with store management & associates.
- Underst& the store's layout & be able to locate products.
- Inform & educate department associates about current, upcoming & special in-store promotions.
- Prepare & submit seasonal critiques for the sales & merch&ising supervisor.
- Implement the period promotional plan for the department.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal & special ads.
- Monitor & control expenses for the department.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit & loss reviews, & take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Schedule daily, weekly & monthly price changes by updating shelf tags & promotional signs.
- Plan, organize & supervise the inventory process.
- Train department associates on inventory/stocking & Computer Assisted Ordering.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures & identify unsafe conditions & notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment & notify appropriate department or store manager if items need repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, & illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to h&le stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Drug GM experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading &/or writing
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at King Soopers: The final rate of pay is determined at store level based on prior equivalent work experience.
To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of some of the benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan and/or participation in a Taft-Hartley pension fund, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Potentially bonus eligible depending on varying criteria by location
- Associate discounts
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
We want the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where you’ll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Brighton || 100 N 50th Ave || 80601 || King Soopers || None || Drug/GM || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Manager, Equity, Counseling, QA, Quality Assurance, Management, Finance, Healthcare, Technology, Quality