Drug-GM Department Head D3 KS86
Drug-GM Department Head D3 KS86
Department: KS Drug/GM
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish & maintain a safe & clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales & profit goals established for the department, & monitor & control all established quality assurance st&ards. Direct, support & supervise all functions, duties & activities for the Drug GM department. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy & encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Role model & demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion & safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate company, department, & job specific information to associates.
- Establish performance goals & empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train & develop associates on their job & participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state & federal laws, & company guidelines.
- Create an environment that allows customers to feel welcome, important & appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department & throughout the store.
- Gain & maintain knowledge of products sold within the department & be able to respond to questions & make suggestions about products.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products.
- Inform customers of Drug GM specials.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Develop & implement a department business plan to achieve desired results by collaborating with store management & associates.
- Underst& the store's layout & be able to locate products.
- Inform & educate department associates about current, upcoming & special in-store promotions.
- Prepare & submit seasonal critiques for the sales & merch&ising supervisor.
- Implement the period promotional plan for the department.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal & special ads.
- Monitor & control expenses for the department.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit & loss reviews, & take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Schedule daily, weekly & monthly price changes by updating shelf tags & promotional signs.
- Plan, organize & supervise the inventory process.
- Train department associates on inventory/stocking & Computer Assisted Ordering.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures & identify unsafe conditions & notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment & notify appropriate department or store manager if items need repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, & illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to h&le stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Drug GM experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading &/or writing
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click .
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Manager, QA, Quality Assurance, Management, Technology, Quality