Floral Department Manager KS D2 088
Floral Department Manager KS D2 088
Department: KS Produce
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Direct, support and supervise all functions, duties and activities for the Floral department. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates by communicating company, department, and job specific information.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to meet customer needs.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by possessing knowledge of products sold within the department; inform customers of specials and make recommendations as appropriate; Cut flowers and foliage to customer's requests using proper tools.
- Prepare corsages, flower arrangements, balloons, and set-up displays and fixtures.
- Identify all varieties of foliage, blooms and fresh cut flowers.
- Maintain quality and freshness of products by watering, trimming, cleaning and other care as required..
- Partner with store management to create and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions.
- Prepare and submit seasonal critiques for the sales and merchandising supervisor.
- Monitor and control expenses for the department.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Schedule routine price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Ensure proper temperatures are maintained in cases and coolers temperature logs kept.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Floral experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click .
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Merchandising, Manager, QA, Quality Assurance, Retail, Management, Quality, Technology