Front End Department Manager D12 CM405
Front End Department Manager D12 CM405
Department: KS Front End
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: Front-end Associates
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish & maintain a safe & clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve the Front-end performance goals & best practices. Drive the department in reaching sales & profit goals established for the department, & monitor all established quality assurance st&ards. Direct & supervise all functions, duties & activities for the Front-end department. Responsible for the execution of best practices, goals & established st&ards for the department. Role model & demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion & safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust & respect among associates.
- Communicate company, department, & job specific information to associates.
- Collaborate with associates & promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important & appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department & throughout the store.
- Gain & maintain knowledge of products sold within the departments & be able to respond to questions & make suggestions about products.
- Responsible for maintaining records & paperwork required for company & federal compliancy: Anti-money Laundering
- Monitor & control supply expenses for the department.
- Manage cash control, sales & cash items & records for the store.
- Manage the scheduling of Front-end associates to provide adequate department coverage.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit & loss reviews, & take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Develop & implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Create & execute sales promotions in partnership with store management.
- Implement the period promotional plan for the department.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal & special ads.
- Monitor & control expenses for the department.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Responsible for the department associates are current & compliant with company training st&ards.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations & guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures & identify unsafe conditions & notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment & notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, & illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Adhere to all local, state & federal laws, & company guidelines.
- Supervise & coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews & provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to h&le stressful situations
- Retail or Customer Service experience
- Front-end experience
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Front-end Supervisor
- Management experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading &/or writing
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click .
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Nearest Major Market: Colorado
Job Segment: Front End, Food Safety, Manager, QA, Quality Assurance, Technology, Quality, Management