Front-End Supervisor D4 KS#74 ($20.91/hr)
Front-End Supervisor D4 KS#74 ($20.91/hr)
Department: KS Front End
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Assist in directing and supervising all functions, duties and activities for the Front-end department. Support the day-to-day functions of the Front-end operations. Responsible for assisting with the execution of best practices, goals and Front-end standards established for the department. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the departments and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Assist with monitoring and control supply expenses for the department.
- Assist with managing cash control, sales and cash items and records for the store.
- Manage the scheduling of Front-end associates to provide adequate department coverage.
- Assist with creating and execute budgets and scheduling of labor in partnership with store management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of department action plans to achieve desired results.
- Collaborate with Front-end associates and promote teamwork.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Retail or Customer Service experience
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level: None
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at King Soopers: The final rate of pay is determined at store level based on prior equivalent work experience.
To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan and/or participation in a Taft-Hartley pension fund, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Eligible for annual bonus
- Associate discounts
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
We want the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where you’ll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Loveland || 1275 Eagle Dr || 80537 || King Soopers || None || Front End || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Fort Collins
Nearest Secondary Market: Loveland
Job Segment: Manager, Front End, Equity, Food Safety, Counseling, Management, Technology, Finance, Quality, Healthcare