Department: KS Fuel
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and assist with monitoring all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Understand and adhere to guidelines on restricted sale items (for example tobacco).
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold at the Fuel Center, and assisting them with issues at the Fuel stations.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise. Build displays for seasonal items/products.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions. Notify Manager of low or out of stock items.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Maintain state, local and company compliance reports and logs.
- Process fuel, merchandise, and lottery sales quickly and accurately.
- Perform cashier functions, including opening/closing register, ringing sales, completing tender transactions, and money drops.
- Comply with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions to management.
- Follow opening and closing procedures for Fuel center.
- Maintain till according to company policy.
- Comply with safety procedures and report unsafe conditions to management.
- Complete incident and security reports.
- Clean up spills and complete Fuel Spill Report.
- Maintain knowledge of emergency plans numbers and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of department.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Complete daily inspection.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Retail experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click .
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Clerical, Inspector, QA, Quality Assurance, Administrative, Quality, Technology