Grocery Utility Clerk
Grocery Utility Clerk
Company Name: King Soopers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Stocks grocery product in correct locations
- Pull down and condition Grocery products
- Utilize equipment to unload Grocery load from semi-trailers
- Sort load merchandise in preparation for stocking
- Cut and open boxes for stocking
- Load merchandise on U-boats for stocking
- Transfer merchandise by U-boats through store
- Stack pallets of merchandise in backroom storage area, stack pallets for return
- Rotate perishable products, monitor code dates and remove out of codes products
- Remove empty boxes and trash from aisles and properly disposes of them
- Order Grocery products
- Check-in vendors, verify incoming orders
- Count product in backroom for inventory
- Build displays, set and reset items and make price changes as needed
- Check out customers on registers as needed
- Assist in training of new individuals to this Dept. as needed
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at King Soopers: At King Soopers, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at King Soopers. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Fort Collins || 2325 S College Ave || 80525 || King Soopers || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Fort Collins
Nearest Secondary Market: Loveland
Job Segment: Architecture, Clerical, Grocery, QA, Engineering, Administrative, Retail, Part Time, Quality