KS# 019 Front End Department Manager $21.51
KS# 019 Front End Department Manager $21.51
Company Name: King Soopers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish & maintain a safe & clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve the Front-end performance goals & best practices. Drive the department in reaching sales & profit goals established for the department, & monitor all established quality assurance st&ards. Direct & supervise all functions, duties & activities for the Front-end department. Responsible for the execution of best practices, goals & established st&ards for the department. Role model & demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion & safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust & respect among associates.
- Communicate company, department, & job specific information to associates.
- Collaborate with associates & promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important & appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department & throughout the store.
- Gain & maintain knowledge of products sold within the departments & be able to respond to questions & make suggestions about products.
- Responsible for maintaining records & paperwork required for company & federal compliancy: Anti-money Laundering
- Monitor & control supply expenses for the department.
- Manage cash control, sales & cash items & records for the store.
- Manage the scheduling of Front-end associates to provide adequate department coverage.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit & loss reviews, & take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Develop & implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Create & execute sales promotions in partnership with store management.
- Implement the period promotional plan for the department.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal & special ads.
- Monitor & control expenses for the department.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Responsible for the department associates are current & compliant with company training st&ards.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations & guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures & identify unsafe conditions & notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment & notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, & illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Adhere to all local, state & federal laws, & company guidelines.
- Supervise & coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews & provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to h&le stressful situations
- Retail or Customer Service experience
- Front-end experience
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Front-end Supervisor
- Management experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading &/or writing
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at King Soopers: At King Soopers, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at King Soopers. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Denver || 3100 S Sheridan Blvd || 80227 || King Soopers || None || Front End || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Front End, Food Safety, Manager, Marketing Manager, QA, Technology, Quality, Management, Marketing