KS 026 Seafood Department Manager $21.83
KS 026 Seafood Department Manager $21.83
Company Name: King Soopers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish & maintain a safe & clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales & profit goals established for the department, & monitor & control all established quality assurance st&ards. Direct, support & supervise all functions, duties & activities for the Seafood department. Role model & demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion & safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with associates & promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department & empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train & develop associates on performance of their job & participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state & federal laws, & company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important & appreciated by possessing knowledge of products sold within the department; offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about; inform customers of specials.
- Cut seafood to customers' requests using proper cutting equipment & provide them with fresh/frozen products they have ordered
- Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs & follow cooking instructions.
- Partner with store management to create & implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Inform & educate department associates about current, upcoming & special in-store promotions.
- Prepare & submit seasonal critiques for the sales & merch&ising supervisor.
- Monitor & control expenses for the department.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit & loss reviews, & take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Schedule routine price changes by updating shelf tags & promotional signs.
- Maintain compliance with all country of origin labeling & regulations.
- Plan, organize & supervise the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations & guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures & identify unsafe conditions & notify store management; ensure proper temperatures are maintained in cases & coolers temperature logs kept.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment & notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, & illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to h&le stressful situations
- Current food h&lers permit once employed
- Possess adequate knife h&ling skills & knife speed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Knowledge of cutting, traying, wrapping, & labeling
- Seafood experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading &/or writing
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at King Soopers: At King Soopers, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at King Soopers. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Denver || 6470 E Hampden Ave || 80222 || King Soopers || None || Meat/Seafood || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Food Safety, Manager, Marketing Manager, QA, Quality Assurance, Quality, Management, Marketing, Technology