KS #31 Seafood Department Manager $21.83
KS #31 Seafood Department Manager $21.83
Department: KS Meat/Seafood
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish & maintain a safe & clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales & profit goals established for the department, & monitor & control all established quality assurance st&ards. Direct, support & supervise all functions, duties & activities for the Seafood department. Role model & demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion & safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with associates & promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department & empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train & develop associates on performance of their job & participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state & federal laws, & company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important & appreciated by possessing knowledge of products sold within the department; offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about; inform customers of specials.
- Cut seafood to customers' requests using proper cutting equipment & provide them with fresh/frozen products they have ordered
- Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs & follow cooking instructions.
- Partner with store management to create & implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Inform & educate department associates about current, upcoming & special in-store promotions.
- Prepare & submit seasonal critiques for the sales & merch&ising supervisor.
- Monitor & control expenses for the department.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit & loss reviews, & take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Schedule routine price changes by updating shelf tags & promotional signs.
- Maintain compliance with all country of origin labeling & regulations.
- Plan, organize & supervise the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations & guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures & identify unsafe conditions & notify store management; ensure proper temperatures are maintained in cases & coolers temperature logs kept.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment & notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, & illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to h&le stressful situations
- Current food h&lers permit once employed
- Possess adequate knife h&ling skills & knife speed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Knowledge of cutting, traying, wrapping, & labeling
- Seafood experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading &/or writing
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click .
Education Level: None
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Manager, Food Safety, QA, Quality Assurance, Management, Quality, Technology