Meat Market Manager D12 CM441
Meat Market Manager D12 CM441
Department: KS Meat/Seafood
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor/control all established quality assurance standards. Direct, support and supervise all functions, duties and activities for the Meat department. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates by communicating company, department, and job specific information.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by possessing knowledge of products sold within the department;offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about; inform customers of specials.
- Cut meats to customers' requests using proper cutting equipment and provide customers with fresh/frozen products they have ordered.
- Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and follow cooking instructions.
- Partner with store management to create and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions.
- Prepare and submit seasonal critiques for the sales and merchandising supervisor.
- Monitor and control expenses for the department.
- Assist store management in preparing store/department budget, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Schedule routine price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Maintain familiarity and compliance with all country of origin labeling and regulations.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management; ensure proper temperaturesare maintained in cases and coolers temperature logs kept; maintain grinder log.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit once employed
- Possess adequate knife handling skills and knife speed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Knowledge of cutting, traying, wrapping, and labeling
- Meat experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click .
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Nearest Major Market: Colorado
Job Segment: Grocery, Merchandising, Manager, Food Safety, QA, Retail, Management, Quality