Company Name: King Soopers Bakery Plant
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Perform tasks related to preventative maintenance, mechanical machine repairs, inspection and testing of equipment, building maintenance and specific projects. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in the facility.
- Set up and use of machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill press and milling machine to repair or fabricate parts.
- Troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facility equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Complete assigned work orders.
- Maintain maintenance area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Utilize maintenance systems as necessary to complete daily, weekly, monthly duties.
- Operate material handling equipment safely.
- Enter information in the systems to document work order completion.
- Provide support to team in the predictive and preventative maintenance program.
- Participate and actively support all plant initiatives.
- Organize and define tasks with minimal supervision.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient knowledge and ability in welding, as well as electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Strong attention to detail with high degree of accuracy and precision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Basic computer use knowledge and skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Flexible to work any shift as needed
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- 2+ years maintenance mechanic experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Evening; Overnight
Regions: Mountain; West
Keywords: mechanic, manufacturing, maintenance
Jobs at King Soopers: At King Soopers, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at King Soopers. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Denver || 60 Yuma St || 80223 || King Soopers Bakery Plant || None || Manufacturing || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Electrical, Law, Food Safety, Inspector, Engineering, Legal, Quality
Job Reference #: 554782700