Company Name: King Soopers
Position Type: Intern
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of pharmaceutical products and be able to competently discuss these products with customers and prescribers.
- Provide drug counseling to customers.
- Assist with over the counter medications recommendations
- Be able to accurately input patient and prescription information into the pharmacy computer system,
- Dispense the correct medication
- Contact prescribers' offices for authorization.
- Bag filled prescriptions and deliver to customer accurately.
- Process third party insurance information for customers.
- Contact insurance companies on the behalf of the customers, if necessary
- Facilitate charge purchases for customers.
- Accept and interpret oral and written prescriptions accurately for fill/refill.
- Clean the department.
- Provide immunizations under the supervision of the pharmacist
- Compare and check incoming orders.
- Stock incoming orders properly.
- Return unused medication stock bottles to stock.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Notify pharmacist on duty if they are made aware of a prescription incident
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Be actively enrolled in a US school of pharmacy
- Hold a current state issued Pharmacy Intern license
Desired Previous Job Experience
Education Level: Pharmacy Degree (BS-Pharmacy/PharmD) Required
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at King Soopers: At King Soopers, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at King Soopers. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Bennett || 1045 S 1St St || 80102 || King Soopers || None || Customer Service; Pharmacy || Intern || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || Pharmacy Board License
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Pharmacy, Intern, Pharmaceutical Sales, QA, Healthcare, Entry Level, Sales, Part Time, Quality