Plant Asst. Human Resources Manager
Plant Asst. Human Resources Manager
Department: MFG Management
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Plant Human Resources Manager
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: 4-7
FLSA Status: Exempt
Effectively perform all duties in an efficient manner within company policies and procedures. Assist the Human Resources Manager in leading the Human Resources department to ensure that all day-to-day operations run smoothly, supporting the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality and Reliability (SQR) and our corporate strategy. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Actively support and participate in the plant's safety process.
- Champion a culture that values individual differences, encourages associate involvement, and promotes continuous improvement.
- Support and develop a culture that provides consistent compliance with policy administration and work rules.
- Promote and develop a culture that supports a union free status (if non-union plant).
- Serve as liaison for local charitable, educational and civic organizations.
- Facilitate regular reviews of agreements and contracts with outside vendors to assure that costs for services provided are reasonable.
- Provide insight for employment law compliance.
- Assist in recruiting and staffing processes.
- Assist in successor planning, mentoring and Career Training Program (CTP) processes within the plant.
- Assist with the delivery of annual training plan to meets the needs of non-exempt level associates, including self-development.
- Assist with general orientation for all new associates.
- Assist with non-exempt compensation, incentive and benefit plans.
- Support and develop a forum for employee complaints/disputes/grievances.
- Encourage regular, timely, and open communication with all associates.
- Develop, support and maintain accurate associate data systems to support the needs of the operation and the company.
- Maintain accurate, well-organized and properly sorted associate hard copy files.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Knowledge of government employment laws and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of plant procedures and policies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to write brief reports and log documentation.
- Basic math and computer skills.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Previous experience working in Human Resources at a manufacturing plant.
- Previous experience managing a plant safety process.
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Regions: Mountain; West
Keywords: Human Resorces; HR; Manufacturing; Assistant; Generalist
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Denver || 60 Yuma St || 80223 || King Soopers Bakery Plant || None || Human Resources; Labor Relations; Management; Manufacturing || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Information Systems, HR, HR Manager, Engineering, Legal, Technology, Human Resources