Safety/Regulatory Compliance (Salaried)
Safety/Regulatory Compliance (Salaried)
Date: Jan 9, 2019
Location:Denver, CO, US, 80223
Company Name: King Soopers Bakery Plant
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Lead, facilitate and monitor the safety processes and compliance functions to ensure all safety issues are resolved and all compliance matters are maintained as required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and The Kroger Co. Involve and assist the entire plant team in meeting individual and plant safety goals and objectives. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate associate safety needs and concerns to management.
- Prepare all Regulatory Compliance function reports.
- Test and evaluate air quality throughout facility.
- Evaluate costs, order emergency response equipment and develop emergency response training programs.
- Monitor and record information regarding sanitary practices by in-plant personnel; identify potential problems, and assist in determining corrective action.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all FDA, OSHA, EPA, and local, state, and federal regulations.
- Coordinate personnel training in proper use of respirators; maintain the Respiratory Protection Plan.
- Oversee training in: GMPs, Plant safety rules (LOTO, Electrical safe work practices), chemical safety, MSDSs, Confined Space Entry, Allergens, asbestos safety, Respiratory Protection, and HACCP.
- Administer measures necessary to comply with state and U.S. E.P.A. Clean Air Act, including required reporting compliance forms.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Sewer and Water Permitting actions.
- Determine activity levels and then files the appropriate annual reports to the EPA, specifically, Section 311, 312, and 313 reporting.
- Lead accident investigations and remove at-risk behaviors and barriers to safe practices.
- Develop steering team leadership skills to ensure ability to lead plant to world class safety standards and practices.
- Conduct safety inspections to remove physical barriers that cause injuries.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, with high degree of accuracy and precision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong administration, planning, facilitation and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact and work with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Previous office experience and/or plant experience.
- Previous safety compliance experience.
- OSHA 30 Hour training.
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Regions: Mountain; West
Keywords: Safety, OSHA, Regulatory, Compliance, Manager
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Denver || 60 Yuma St || 80223 || King Soopers Bakery Plant || None || Management; Manufacturing; Risk || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Compliance, Regulatory Affairs, Law, Engineer, Respiratory, Legal, Engineering, Healthcare
Job Reference #: 529237900