Date: Mar 23, 2019
Location:Denver, CO, US, 80223
Company Name: King Soopers Bakery Plant
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Lead and execute implementation of integrated strategies, processes, and systems designed to increase workplace productivity and engagement. Attract, retain, engage and develop leadership team with requisite skills and abilities to meet current and future business needs. Drive increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and production processes. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide strategic leadership to align our business and people practices toward deliverables representative of best in class.
- Keep abreast of market conditions, competition, technological advancements, government regulations and supplier dynamics that impact our business.
- Establish measurement tools and data analytics to provide Senior Management with strategic risk insight.
- Lead High Performing Work Teams to achieve balanced performance against key measurements and objectives.
- Serve as ranking executive of the facility; act as local company representative in dealing and complying with governmental agencies, suppliers and local community relations.
- Protect, manage and maximize the use of all company assets.
- Lead strategic workforce planning design and efficient management of sound processes for identifying and filling workforce needs.
- Prepare annual operating budgets with plant and division staff and execute plans within agreed upon budgetary and time constraints.
- Ensure controls are in place to analyze, react to and minimize cost factors of labor, material, and burden in the plant operations.
- Maintain and operate plant at established levels of Safety, Quality, and Reliability; ensure high program visibility and effectiveness while adhering to Corporate and division guidelines and standards.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe, quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ leadership experience in manufacturing operations
- Proven highly effective management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High degree of integrity and judgment
- Thorough knowledge of plant operations and procedures
- Strong strategic thinking, critical thinking, and analytical ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Position level determined by plant size and operational complexity
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- 8+ years of Food Manufacturing/Processing or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Fluid Dairy Manufacturing Leadership experience
- Management experience in a union environment
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Denver || 60 Yuma St || 80223 || King Soopers Bakery Plant || None || Management; Manufacturing; Operations || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Food Safety, Information Systems, QA, Engineering, Legal, Quality, Technology
Job Reference #: 528530600