Starbucks Barista/ Coffee Shop Clerk ($15.25- $19.00)
Starbucks Barista/ Coffee Shop Clerk ($15.25- $19.00)
Company Name: City Market
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide exceptional customer service in a safe and clean environment to ensure the customer's return visit. We accomplish this in many ways including, but not limited to; treating our customers/employees in a fair and ethical manner, promoting an inclusive work environment, being a responsible member of the community, providing the right products at the right time with fair and accurate pricing. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Prepare beverage selections to recipe and standards and to customer's requests using proper equipment.
- Tender transactions using company best practices.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products for which they inquire about.
- Inform customers about coffee shop specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Recommend coffee shop items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Use all equipment in coffee shop such as the refrigerators, freezers, slicers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Properly use kitchen equipment, espresso machine, blender, computerized scale, steamer, etc.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines. Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Previous comparable experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at City Market: The final rate of pay is determined at store level based on prior equivalent work experience.
To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of some of the benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan and/or participation in a Taft-Hartley pension fund, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Potenially bonus eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and based upon annual store performance
- Associate discount
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
We want the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where you’ll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Dillon || 300 Dillon Ridge Road || 80435 || City Market || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Clerical, Equity, Food Safety, Counseling, Administrative, Finance, Quality, Healthcare, Part Time